Jefferies Newsletter April 2017
27.03.2017 by Keith
Key changes from the Budget 2017
- Dividends – Take your £5,000 tax free dividend allowance because from April 2018 its going to be reduced to £2,000
- Personal Allowance – The personal allowance has increased to £11,500 and the NI free level is now £8,164
- Making Tax Digital – The start date for the self employed and landlords with turnover below the VAT threshold has been pushed back to April 2019
- Business Rates – In addition to the £3.6 billion transitional relief announced in November, there will be £435 million of further support
- Corporation Tax – Down to 19% for 2017/18
Further details in the newsletter link below.
Is your Expense Checking System up to scratch?
Expenses are more than just a recording of the outgoing cash flow of your business. Expenses also include amounts that are claimable against tax. When recorded and tracked correctly, expenses provide a clear indication of the health of your business.
Details on the harsh penalties for getting your expenses wrong are outlined in the newsletter link below.
Also in this newsletter
- Self Employment at a Record High Level – Advice on Business Plans
- Will Making Tax Digital (MTD) make life easier for you?
Download your copy of our April 2017 here.